We care about your health and well-being.
We care. At UNCLE Credit Union we care about the safety, health and wellness of our members and staff. We want you to know what steps we are taking to protect you and our employees during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Steps we are taking:
- We are closely monitoring the situation and spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community, communicating with local officials and looking to the CDC for guidance
- We are working to increase the number of hand sanitizer stations at our Financial Center locations, and increasing the frequency of ATM cleaning
- We are increasing the level and frequency of cleaning at our headquarters and all of the Financial Center locations
- We already have a Business Continuity Plan including a disaster recovery plan which outlines the plan to keep our member service functioning at a high level. We are planning for emerging risk and have already enacted parts of the Business Continuity Plan in order to minimize disruptions to services as much as possible.
- We are firmly committed to doing our part to lessen the impact of the virus, while continuing to meet the financial and banking needs of our membership
- The call center is available 24/7 at 925-447-5001 or 1-800-34UNCLE for assistance and to discuss options available for consumer loans, mortgages, credit cards and deposit accounts.
- To best utilize our staff resources, we have temporarily closed our Concannon Financial Center and our Lab Financial Center and redeployed those employees to our other locations.
- Currently, our other Financial Centers are available and open with reduced business hours.
Alternative ways to manage your accounts:
- Members are encouraged to access their account(s) 24/7 digitally via online banking or our mobile app
- The call center is available 24/7 at 925-447-5001 or 1-800-34UNCLE
- All ATMs are available as well as ATMs in the CO-OP shared branch/ATM network
At UNCLE our top priority is continuing to keep our members and employees safe and healthy. We are firmly committed to doing our part to lessen the impact of the virus outbreak while continuing to meet your financial and banking needs. We will continue to keep you updated. We care about your membership and your health.