Show Your Home Some Love this Valentine’s Day
Does your home feel a little bland? Ready to give your home a simple and easy facelift? At times, your “dream home” may become a little less dreamy after a few years. Staring at the same décor and furniture can become underwhelming. If you’re looking to spruce up your space in time for spring, use these tips to get a “new” home without a new mortgage!
The little things matter
Improving the look of your home doesn’t always equate spending your entire life savings. To freshen up your living space, consider starting with some small improvements that won’t break the bank:
- Give your walls a fresh coat of paint, or a new color entirely
- Swap out light fixtures or door handles for a more modern look
- Pick up a few indoor plants or add a flair of color with new curtains
- Rearrange your furniture or artwork to your space new life
Looking for a bigger improvement?
Feeling claustrophobic or looking for a bigger change? If you’re looking for more square footage but can’t afford a remodel, consider converting your attic (or basement) into a functional space like an office, additional seasonal storage, or gaming area. This will come a much smaller cost than an addition to your home. As a reminder: If you are hiring a contractor, check their history on Better Business Bureau and get multiple quotes.
Make the most of it
If you don’t have an attic or basement to fix up, try these simple, inexpensive tips to create the illusion of more space.
- Clean, throw away, donate or sell anything you don’t need. Pro tip: if you haven’t used it in over a year, get rid of it!
- Purchase organizational shelves and hooks or furniture that provides extra storage space, such as a storage ottoman or bedframe with drawers.
- Hire a professional organizer to get fresh perspective on your living space.
How can UNCLE Help?
If you find that your sprucing up your home is going to require more funds than you have on hand, contact a representative at UNCLE to see what loan options are available to you. UNCLE offers a variety of HELOC and personal loan products that can be tailored to fit your needs, no matter how big or small. To learn more, visit a financial center or go online to www.unclecu.org.