Security Account Protection
What we do
At UNCLE Credit Union, we take the safety and security of your personal information very seriously. We are committed to providing the most secure systems and recent technologies to keep your financial information secure. As part of our ongoing efforts to employ the latest Internet security technology, we have incorporated Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) into our Internet banking service. MFA is a series of technology tools for UNCLE Credit Union that helps protect your account from fraudulent transactions. Click here to open the MFA Frequently Asked Questions page and learn more about this service.
We also provide our members with several options to help you monitor your account activity, such as e-Alerts, Online Banking, and eStatements. Please see our Online Banking page for more details.
What you can do
There are many ways you can help keep your account secure.
- Be careful with your account information and who you share it with. UNCLE Credit Union will never send an email requesting that you provide personal and sensitive information.
- Stay aware of scams. Scammers use a variety of methods to obtain account information, including telephone and email. Account information can also be stolen via ATM and Point of Sale "skimmers". Read this article from the FBI for more information, and please see our fraud and identity theft pages for more tips.
- Be proactive about monitoring your accounts. UNCLE's Online Banking offers free alerts to monitor your account information. Review your statements each month, and take advantage of free credit reports.
- Safeguard your information by shredding your documents before disposal. Better yet, sign up for e-Statements and eliminate the risk of mailbox theft.
- Change your passwords often, and use a combination of letters, numbers, and characters.
Lost/Stolen UNCLE Credit or Debit Card
To report lost or stolen cards, please contact us: During business hours: 925.447.5001 or 800.34UNCLE
After business hours: Locate your account number and call our Audio Response System at 925.447.5001 or 800.34UNCLE to block the use of your card. A new card will be issued and mailed to you the next business day after you block the card. If your account has experienced fraud, block use of the card as described above, then contact us on the next business day at 925.447.5001 or 800.34UNCLE to find out how to dispute any fraudulent activity.