People Helping People
Throughout our history, UNCLE has been a leading contributor to the communities we serve—playing a major role in local events and supporting important causes and critical services.
As we grow in our capacity to serve new and existing members, we are also strengthening our presence in the community and our ability to improve lives and help those in need.
We are proud that our commitment to corporate responsibility and our active engagement with the community is reflected across all organizational levels at UNCLE, from interns to senior executives.
During 2017, we have been involved in:
Among the many successful events that UNCLE took part in during 2016:
- American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of Livermore as a third-year supporter of the Relay For Life, UNCLE raised more than $10,000 to help fight cancer
- 21th Annual Kaiser Permanente San Francisco International Dragon Boat Festival
- Shop for Miracles benefiting UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital
- Partnering with the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory’s highly successful HOME campaign, where we assisted in the collection of a $2,500 donation to the Armed Forces Veterans’ Association Scholarship Fund and helped Blue Star Moms collect food and clothing for U.S. troops overseas
- Livermore's 15th Annual ArtWalk benefiting Livermore Valley Performing Arts
- In our ongoing effort to empower young people with practical professional experience, UNCLE provides a thriving internship program in partnership with area high schools and colleges.